- WATER UNDERNEATH THE BOAT İS A SUPPORT, (BUT) WATER IN THE BOAT IS THE RUIN OF THE BOAT. (Using money for necessities or loving money, it's different.)
- Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made (so) for the eye of him that sees.
- Love is drawing the bitter ones to the sweet, because the foundation of (all) loves is righteousness.
- Thou who art not a Joseph, be a Jacob; be (familiar), like him, with weeping and sore distress.
- Man's original food is the LIGHT OF GOD; animal food is improper for him.